Cosplay Planning Tips
Deciding you want to make or put together a cosplay can sometimes be a huge endeavor. When planning it can be easy to get overwhelmed.
Helpful Planning Tips
When planning out your cosplay here are some things to keep in mind:
- Create a budget! This will help you not go overboard and spend rent money on a cosplay.
- Create a material/item list! Make yourself a list of the elements included in your cosplay. Include wigs, accessories, shoes, etc.
- Save/send reference photos! Having reference photos from different angles can help either you or your commissioner with how to make the cosplay and what materials may be needed to accomplish it.
- Time manage! Be realistic with your time frame. Make sure to avoid CON CRUNCH but planning ahead for shipping times, commission times, etc so you don't get stuck with going to a con sans-cosplay.
- Get help from friends! Cosplay friends are the best. Have your friends help you with parts of your cosplay you are making or finding yourself.
Helpful Planning Tools
When it comes to planning a cosplay, things can be a bit overwhelming! Thankfully there are apps available that can help you achieve your goals. One of CKC's favorite apps is Cosplanner*! This awesome app is available for both Apple and Android devices. There is even a website, Cosplanner.net for you to use along with the app.*
What can this app help you do?
*CKC does not own Cosplanner, including its logo design and is not sponsored by them in anyway.... just one awesome app!